The Riverfront Park, a year-round park, is set on the banks of the Cooper River, formally the home of the Charleston Naval Base which closed in 1996 and was turned over to the City of North Charleston. The park offers beautiful views, plenty of places to walk and the optimum spots to picnic. Not only is it home to the Greater Charleston Naval Base Memorial, but it is also a popular concert venue. The park has an interactive water fountain and boardwalks to stroll along the Cooper River. Visitors can also go fishing from the Admiral’s pier or the wooden dock.
SCHEDULE A SITE VISIT:
Each of these venues are available for your special occasion. In order to reserve a date, please reach out to us.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-308-4746.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Do you allow alcohol?
- No alcohol may be brought in by the client. The South Carolina Alcohol Beverage and Control board requires that all alcohol must be supplied by a professional bar service with necessary licenses and liability insurance.
- Do you require a wedding planner?
- Although we do not require a wedding planner, we highly recommend one for you so that your wedding event can run smoothly.
- Do you provide catering?
- Riverfront Park, nor the City of North Charleston, offer this service. We are nonexclusive and with so many seasoned catering professionals in the Lowcountry we feel this should be your choice.
- Do you have a noise ordinance?
- The City of North Charleston noise ordinance is at 11:00 PM.
- Do you have parking?
- We have amply offsite parking within walking distance, also we offer at a minimal fee our eight-passenger shuttle to help with those unable to walk. Also, most all venues can drop off.
- Do you allow tenting?
- Tenting is allowed and we do recommend that you have one on hold due to weather changes.
- Do you have recommended vendors?
- A list of vendors that we have worked with is provided in this package.
- I am interested in seeing the venue spaces. Can I schedule a tour?
- We welcome you to visit the venues in person. We are available by appointment only during normal business hours Monday – Friday. Weekends are difficult as we are hosting events.
Riverfront Park is located on the former Charleston Naval Base, easily accessible from I-526 and I-26. Riverfront Park signs are visible for easy to follow directions.